This is garlic bread - on crack! Great to share with a crowd, or as a centre piece for dinner accompanied by a simple salad.
Course: Appetizer, Side Dish
Servings: 8 - 10
Calories: 191 kcal
Author: Nagi | RecipeTin Eats
1 crusty loaf , preferably sourdough or Vienna
3/4 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese (or other melting cheese)
100 g /3.5 oz / 7 tbsp unsalted butter , softened
2 large garlic cloves , minced
3/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp fresh parsley , finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Combine butter, garlic and salt in a heatproof bowl and melt in the microwave. Stir through parsley.
- Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm/1" diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread (just like you would cut a french stick for garlic bread).
- Use your fingers or a knife to pry open each crack and drizzle in a teaspoon of butter and stuff in a pinch of cheese. This might sound like a bit of an effort, but I promise you it is worth it! You don't
- Need to be super neat, it's nice to have some of the butter drizzled over the crust.
- Wrap with foil and bake for 15minutes until the cheese has mostly melted, then unwrap and bake for 5 minutes more to make the bread nice and crusty.
- Serve immediately.
Visit recipetineats.com For More Recipes